Wednesday 2 September 2020

[Restaurant Review] Sam's Chicken and Katsu curry sauce

A while ago I was captivated by Sam's drumsticks bucket which seemed a good deal but as I have never tried Sam's I wasn't sure if their chicken was good.


Finally went to Sam's for their #friedchicken but I think I went the wrong time as the chicken was a bit cold and dry.


I am glad I only got one piece on my first visit and didn't get the bucket.
Although I wasn't impressed with the chicken I still want to try the katsu curry rice.
@samschickenuk
A few months later, I tried the katsu sauce because I was having fish and chips.
The taste of the sauce was rather acidic but I think it is because of the fruity elements that make up the katsu sauce.



A few months later I was back because for wings as I have not tried them before from this branch as I usually get them from a different shop.
Ended up getting the spicy wings and bbq wings.
The spicy wings were how they but the BBQ wings totally blew me away, the wings were crispy in this sweet but not cloyingly sweet sauce so it was just delicious like eating buffalo wings.
Next time will definitely get a proper picture of the bbq wings to do them justice.

Normally with bbq wings, they just used grilled wings and toss them in bbq sauce but the fact that sam's uses fried wings makes it even more delectable!
The BBQ wings were so good that I went back just for them and also tried the spicy rice.
It was heaven having the bbq wings and spicy rice together because the rice was basmati rice which was soft and fluffy although some of the rice was a bit dry but it was acceptable.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...