Tuesday 15 September 2020

[Review] Bradley's Jellied Eel Pots 200g

"Jellied eels are a traditional English dish that originated in the 18th century, primarily in the East End of London. 

The dish consists of chopped eels boiled in a spiced stock that is allowed to cool and set, forming a jelly. It is eaten cold." Quoted from wikipedia.

They were popular in at the end of the second world war as a cheap staple for poor people, sadly there are few pie mash houses due to gentrification and the way peoples tastes have changed.

I don't know why I love jellied eels but I do especially the jelly.

The savoury jelly is just delicious with chilli vinegar.

My favourite pie mash places are in Croydon and Hoxton but a while ago due to lockdown I had to get the jellied eel pots to satisfy my cravings.

The pots tasted just as well especially my favourite jelly.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...