Wednesday 30 September 2020

[Review] Sainsburys Eccles Cake

I have never tried an Eccles cake so decided to try some.
You can get these Eccles cake at almost any supermarket but as I was at Sainsburys I got them from there.
The Sainsburys ones were quite big compared to M&S.
Although they are called cakes, there is no cake element in it.
It was two big round puff pastries with currant mince in the middle hence the reason I didn't try them before because I got currants and raisins mixed up.
The puff pastry was quite hard and in the middle there was a generous amount of currant mince.
Overall not bad but I would prefer eating other sweet treats.
According to wiki, you are supposed to eat them warm paired with some aged cheese which makes sense because the currant mince is similar to Quince.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...