Wednesday 2 September 2020

[Review] McVities Sticky Toffee flavour cake

Spotted the McVities Sticky Toffee flavour cake at Icelands which I don't often see at supermarkets so decided to get it.
The sticky toffee cake felt really light when I took it from the shelf and the wrapper didn't really stick to the cake so I somehow knew it was going to be dry before getting it.
I was right. The texture was pretty dry and crumbly but the taste was ok but definitely needs custard as suggested on the wrapper.
There is an artificial toffee aroma to the cake which is pretty strong.
I didn't think I would be buying it again but after microwaving it for a 10 seconds it was a complete different story but I find it odd that there were no suggestions to heat it up whatsoever or is it common sense as custard was suggested so why does it not suggest heating it up like their other brands.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...