Wednesday 24 June 2020

[Review] M&S Marks and Spencer Rope Grown Scottish Mussels in Garlic and Shallot sauce

Although M&S have been selling mussels since 2013 I don't recall seeing them on my daily visits.
When I spotted them today I decided to try them.
There are two to choose from: Garlic and Shallot and White wine and parsley sauce.


Inside the pack, there are two packs which makes it easy for serving and portioning for two people.


The mussels can be cooked in the microwave, boiled in the bag or taken out the bag to cook.

For me, I boiled them in the bag so that it was easier to serve.

As for the taste, I really enjoyed it because they taste just as good as the ones in the restaurants however the sauce was really salty.
I planned to use that sauce on the chips but it turned out that I didn't need much.
The quality of the mussels surprised me because I only found 3 hairy ones in my batch so I probably will buy this again as they are inexpensive and easy to cook.

Second round of buying these mussels again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...