Sunday 28 June 2020

[Review] Haywood & Padgett Becky's Bakery 4 Cherry & Sultana Scones and Devon Scones

I was getting some scones to finish the clotted cream in the fridge and spotted Becky's Bakery 4 Cherry & Sultana Scones at Icelands for 50p only.
The cardboard tray was pretty and girly with the Becky's Bakery logo so at the time I assumed that Becky was the brand.
Although wrapped in plastic you could see the scones had a nice regular shape with glacier cherries and sultanas uniformly distributed in the scones, so visually it was good.
The size of the scones are slightly smaller than other brands but I liked them because they were not irregular and knobbly like other brands.



Tried the scones on their own and the taste was so impressive, they were really flavourful with a lovely texture.
The glacier cherries literally burst with flavour while the sultanas were juicy and sweet.
After trying these scones I felt like I had wasted money on the cherry scones I bought earlier.
With the usual scones I overload them with clotted cream because the quality of the scones were poor but with these scones I didn't need much and they were heaven.

The Devon scones are just as good especially with cream and jam.
I have always wanted to try scones with whipped cream and the Bramley apple filling that you find in m&S fresh cream apple turnovers but since I cant source that filling I used @cheekyboysauces spiced apple sauce and clotted cream which worked out nicely.
But in the end, I managed to get some apple turnovers and put the filling inside the scone which turned out nice as expected.




Had it not been for the give away limited edition Emma mugs I would not have known that these scones are by Haywood & Padgett because of the small print for the website.

So after registering for the competition which I don't normally bother I discovered they have these square scones at ASDA which I am trying to get hold of especially the Salted Caramel scones and Strawberries and Cream.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...