Monday 29 March 2021

Foresight Pease Pudding

As a Southerner in UK, I have not seen much Pease Pudding also known as pease porridge / pease pottage in my area so when I saw a can of pease pudding at the supermarket I decided to try it.

Pease pudding is vegan and made of split yellow peas which is eaten up North with ham which makes sense because it tastes a bit like mushy peas.

You can also eat pease pudding with salt and vinegar like they do in Lancashire with black peas for Bonfire night.

I felt that the pease pudding is best microwaved to soften it up.

Tried the pease pudding on pitta, with ham and with salt and vinegar and my favourite was probably with ham or salt and vinegar, also tried it with mustard which gave it a punch that you will remember.

Pease Pudding Rhyme:

Pease pudding hot, Pease pudding cold,
Pease pudding in the pot - nine days old.
Some like it hot, some like it cold,
Some like it in the pot - nine days old.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...