Friday 12 March 2021

Chicken and Duck sushi review - Battle of the supermarkets!

Practially almost every supermarket has chicken and duck sushi, so far I have spotted them at Tescos, Lidl and Aldi.
I don't recall any at Sainsburys or M&S but I managed to find some online.
Out of all the ones I saw, I bought the chicken and duck sushi from Lidl for 1.69.
The assortment is a winner as you get 3 pieces for hoisin duck and you also get the purple cabbage rolls.
However I don't have any expectations for the chicken because it is formed chicken according to the ingredients.
Visually there is less rice ratio to filling and the inner part of the roll is lined with seaweed so its going to be tasty.
As expected, the sushi was to my liking, the sushi rice was relatively softer compared to other brands and supermarkets and I believe they used glutinous rice.
The cabbage and duck were delicious on their own and didn't need sauce but the formed chicken was tasteless which was where the wasabi and soy sauce improved it.
I was surprised that ginger was included for Lidl standards because there wasn't any ginger in the M&S sushi I tried before and the soy sauce was also generous compared to other brands.





Tesco £2.75
Aldi £1.69
Sainsbury's Sushi Medium 165g £2.50
2 Katsu British chicken and red pepper California rolls with a sesame seeds coating, 2 hoisin British duck and cucumber California rolls with a seaweed powder coating, 1 red cabbage hosomaki roll, 1 red pepper hosomaki roll, 1 edamame bean hosomaki roll, sachet of pickled ginger, sachet of wasabi and a bottle of soy sauce.

Asda:












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...