Thursday 11 March 2021

[Fruit Review] Quince

According to internet, Quince is a fruit that looks like an apple and there are a few varieties that vary in shade.
Quince has to be cooked to unlock the flavous as they are very astringement and sour if you eat them raw so that was just what I did.
To my disappointment, the quince was not unpleasant as expected, it just tasted like a bitter apple which was also mentioned on someone elses youtube video.

Anyway, I ended up cooking it to see how it would taste. The quince was extremely hard to cut so I wasted quite a bit.
I didn't simmer it for an hour because I was not planning to make Quince jelly anyway so I had it cooked to the point the quince was soft yet it still had a bite.
The taste of the cooked quince was so much nicer and fragrant so definitely worth trying if you see it at the shops.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...