Monday 29 March 2021

Fray Bentos Vegetable Balti Pie review

FRAY BENTOS have been around for ages, they are famous for tinned pies.
The reason I never got one before was the hassle in the sense getting a can opener to remove the lid and then baking it.
After I saw some reviews of the huge pie top, it totally changed my mind but paying 1.50 was a bit much for a canned pie when you can get a few fresh or frozen for that price.
Finally saw it at Poundland for 75p so without hesitation I got it.
Starting with a vegetable pie is probably better than meat because canned meat tends to have a mushy texture. Ideally cheese and onion would be my pick but haven't seen it around.
The only let down was the puff pastry which didn't rise up much like the videos.
I left it in the oven for more than the suggested 25 minute hoping the pastry would rise.
Overall not bad but there was a sour aftertaste probably because it was canned.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...