Wednesday 4 November 2020

[Review] THIS isn't bacon rashers

A while ago THIS launched quite a few items like THIS isn't bacon or chicken but as a bacon lover I had my eyes on the bacon.
Coughlans bakery is doing a crossover with THIS where they are selling these bacon turnovers using THIS isn't bacon.

To be honest the @this.uk bacon didn't look appetizing straight out the packet because of the Burgundy colour but once it was pan fried it tasted and smelled like bacon.

The only giveaway that it wasn't real bacon was the texture which doesn't have the resistance like bacon when you bite into it.

I think if you pan fry it for longer and get it crispy, it might work but it could also make the texture dry so on the second time I had it, I pan fried the bacon until it was crispy but it was dry just like I guessed.
Ideally, it tastes the best if you just pan fry it for a few seconds so that it is soft and tender.
Overall, I highly recommend trying this product if you like bacon.









Photo of Coughlans Bakery turnover with THIS isnt bacon.
Photo of This isn't chicken spotted in Sainsburys.



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...