Saturday 21 November 2020

Yumsu instant noodles: Chicken curry, special chicken & Vegetable

Spotted these Yumsu instant noodles at the shops priced about £1 for a bag of six.
They were definitely not expensive but as an instant noodle reviewer I wasn't interested in quantity because that would mean five bags of the same flavour.
Finally, they were sold individually for 20p per packet which is definitely a bargain if you compare it to other brands so I got all three flavours: Special chicken, vegetable and chicken curry.
I tried Special chicken first and it was impressive, the quality and taste was just as good as Dolls and Nissin so I bet people buying Nissin and Dolls in the UK would be gutted if they knew how good these noodles were.


Strangely, the vegetable didn't taste much different to the chicken because the umami taste was strong.
It was definitely very different to the Sainsburys vegetable instant noodles because that one has more of a strong celery taste to it.


Last but not least, the chicken curry had a mild curry taste.







 

4 comments:

  1. I'm so surprised Doll noodles can be known by people in the UK. Doll is famous in Hong Kong but it far from famous when comparing with Nissin.

    By the way, Yumsu is the best with taking its price tag into account. Many noodles more pricy than Yumsu are rubbish indeed...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love trying instant noodles so always trying different brands as well as noodles from diff countries. Polish ones are amazing and recently I bought some Vietnamese ones which I will be reviewing soon.

      Delete
  2. I had the instant chicken curry noodles, and they were horrifying, the stench of these noodles was a sight to behold. The scent invaded my nostrils without consent. I offered them to my friends fat cat who will eat absolutely anything, the cat avoided it and ran as fast as it could it was something I'd never seen this cat ever do, the cat must have been just as horrified as me.This cat didn't eat for many days after and lost weight because of that, I'm not sure If this is the best way to get weight loss in cats but it is probably animal abuse as the smell is truly a fear to me now. I couldn't stand the scent to even taste them but I'm glad I never tried them. Take these reviews as you will but I will never touch these noodles again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. some instant noodles that have gone rancid are truly horrifying like you say! you get that smell literally when you open the bag! hence they can be binned.
      But as a good rule of thumb, anything that isn't pleasant to the nose should not be eaten. Trust your senses.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...