Friday 6 November 2020

[Review] Jamie Oliver Tortelloni review and fresh pasta and sauce range finds

I suspect these filled Bolognese tortellonis are regional because I have not spotted any @jamieoliver products at the tescos near me.
Anyway, I was given this pack of Jamie Oliver Bolognese Tortelloni pasta by someone in the south east.
On the topic of #jamieoliver I went to the TESCOs website found more Jamie Oliver pasta products:
Jamie Oliver Butternut Squash Tortelloni 250G, Jamie Oliver Spinach & Ricotta Ravioli Pasta 250G, Jamie Oliver Aubergine Parmigiana Tortelloni 250G, Jamie Oliver Carbonara Tortelloni Pasta 250G.
Bolognese and butternut squash would probably be my picks.
According to the instructions, you just have to cook it in sauce and the tortelloni will soften.
As I didn't have any sauce, I replaced the sauce with butternut squash soup which worked just as well but the tricky part was cooking the tortelloni in the soup as it didn't really absorb the soup so I had to add some water.
Overall, the Tortelloni was delicious.
Just for fun, here is a throwback of the TVC I took part in for Jamies Italian restaurant in Hong Kong:




Half a year later, I finally found more of these Jamie Oliver kits at a small Tescos Express along with his pasta sauces.




Tried the Butternut Squash Tortelloni which was tasty in tomato sauce.




The Aubergine Parmigiana Tortelloni was another delicious one because of the tomato puree in the filling.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...