Tuesday 4 January 2022

The Stennings Bakery at Carshalton Beeches

My first FRESH cream doughnut this year and it was so good.
A bit pricey but you got to support these dying breed of traditional English bakeries.
I got there late so it wasn't the full range but in a way it was good for me because I would be there ages trying to decide what to get and then getting everything.
The icing was amazing on a cold day because it was firm with a chew but the surface was not sticky.
The fresh cream is what a good doughnut is all about and the glacier cherry was a bomb.
Overall it was not too sweet and the whole thing was mess free.
It was nice that they gave me a box for the doughnut.
Will be back for their afternoon tea with cakes and scones.


Stenning's bakery is located just around the train station in this beautiful old building.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...