Saturday 8 January 2022

M&S Plant Kitchen VLT sandwich & No lamb shawarma wrap

For Veganuary 2022, M&S have launched two new items to the grab and go section.
These are the VLT and No lamb shawarma.
Visually looking at the VLT, the vacon looks like the same stuff you get for the no pork streaky bacon launched last year.
It is labelled as wheat and protein rashers with vegan baconnaise.
Reading the ingredients, I was really surprised to see things like orange, peach, hibiscus and black carrot.
As for the taste, it was like eating a really tasty ham sandwich with tomatoes and lettuce with a really punchy sauce.
The vacon inside the sandwich looks like it just came out of the packet ie not fried or anything so I believe the chilled one from M&S does not require cooking either so you can just eat it like that.
After all, it is plant based and most of it is made from wheat so I think you can eat it like that.
Overall I would really recommend this but I think they could have added some crispy onions or something crispy to give it that bacon mouthfeel.


Also tried the No lamb shawarma wrap which is labelled as no lamb shawarma on a soft flatbread with garlic dressing and tomato chilli sauce.
I warmed it up and little and it was really tasty because of the dressing and it had quite a spicy kick.
The spiciness and taste was similar to one of the M&S Curries.
Overall recommended but I prefer the VLT sandwich.
For improvements, I feel that the chip sticks should be in a separate sachet to keep them crisp while they are at the shops.





1 comment:

  1. You’re right about the vlt, I think it’s the sauce that tops it off. If it was made fresh then yeah crispy onions could be a good shout.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...