Thursday 20 January 2022

Romanian Turkey Jelly Piftie Galaretka Drobiowa Z indyka

Ever since I saw pictures of turkey jelly during Christmas I have been meaning to try it.
It is a traditional dish in Romania called Piftie (Turkey Jelly) made with pork trotters, rind, ears and feet according to the info online which makes sense as all that becomes collagen when you boil it down.
Less calorific recipes can be made with turkey.
Overall, the turkey jelly was how I imagined it to be, the jelly was savoury like jellied eels but with a firmer texture.
The jelly had turkey thigh meat, sweetcorn, peas and some egg but it could have done with more salt.
While I was eating it, I am so annoyed that I forgot to some add chilli vinegar just like you do with jellied eels.
Anyway, I am glad I tried Piftie because it was nice.
At the Polish supermarkets, you can buy Turkey jelly, Pork Jelly or Chicken.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...