Monday 18 January 2021

Coop Irresistible Purple velvet cake review

While I was at Coop, I spotted the purple velvet cake which is a soft purple velvet sponge filled with tangy blackcurrant jam, topped with sweet cream cheese frosting ad swirls of blackcurrant jam.
Coop are certainly creative with their cakes because a while ago they had this chocolate and clementine cake.
This cake was tempting for photos because I don't have this shade of purple in my cake collection.
Other coloured cakes I had in the past were pink, blue, rainbow, green, lilac and black.
I'd like to see more velvet cakes like green velvet cake in either pandan or matcha.





Ended up getting this cake a few days later and tried it a soon as I got home.
After I took it out, I was in dismay that it was brown and not purple but relieved that it was purple inside.
As for the taste, I was won over by this one because the blackcurrant sauce really stole the show.
I loved how tart it was and there were blackcurrants in the sauce as well giving it more depth.
Overall, I was really glad I got this cake which is much nicer than their salted caramel I got a while ago.




















2 comments:

  1. Amazing cake one of my favourites....just need it to come out again now !!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...