Monday 6 July 2020

[Review] Morrisons 5 Fruit Salad Doughnuts

As well as English comforts that are found at Morrisons fresh bakery, Morrisons occasionally comes out with some fun and creative items like the winterberry and Halloween green slime doughnuts.
This time, they came out with the Fruit Salad Doughnuts!!
Fruit Salad is a retro fruit chew that is Raspberry and Pineapple flavoured made by Barratts.

Sadly my nearest Morrisons didn't have it so I had to make a special trip to a bigger branch of Morrisons and they had it.
The bakery at that branch was impressive because there was an area designated for the bakery items as well as fresh cream cakes and other treats.

I ended up leaving the store with Fruit Salad Doughnuts as well as the Salted Caramel donuts because my local Morrisons doesn't have them.

Finally tried the fruit salad donut by Morrisons which I felt was more like a novelty donut.
When I cut the donut in half, it didn't look like there was much filling but it turns out that the filling is on one side.
Obviously the filling was not chewy like the sweet but like a thick creme.
The filling tasted just like the fruit salad sweets but the artificial pineapple notes were stronger than the raspberry so if the raspberry had been stronger then it would have been perfect.
They were nice but nice enough that I wouldn't want to finish the other four off because I can't wait to try the salted caramel which I expect to be good!
Fruit Salad doughnut






Pink Lemonade doughnut:

 
Photos of the bakery section at Morrisons
















2 comments:

  1. Just eaten a fruit salad doughnut it was really nice and reminded me of the sweets I use to buy all thoughts years ago well done, I will buy them again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...