Monday 27 September 2021

Mighty M.lk milkshakes and unsweetened Mighty Pea milk

I have always wanted to try the vegan milks from Mighty because they are made from peas, to be precise yellow split peas when I googled them.
Split peas are used in stews as well as desserts and they do not seem to have strong flavours like coconut or soybeans so I was keen on seeing how their drinks taste like.
They do chocolate or banana shakes which are sold at tescos for £1.50 but on a trip to WHS, I found them reduced to £1 so I got the chocolate one.
When I poured the drink, I was surprised how thick it was so I looked at the ingredients and it seem the guar gum is the culprit.
As for the taste, it was not too sweet and the chocolately taste was good but it really depends if you like that texture from the guar gum.




I also bought the unsweetened Mighty M.lk from ocado to see how it tastes without any other flavours.
Although it is soy free, there is still some beany to taste to it but much more pleasant compared to soy beans.
The taste was like flat beans.
Overall, I am glad I tried this.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...