Wednesday 22 September 2021

Heinz made for Veggiez sauce - Chilli & Miso

I was captivated by the new Heinz made for Veggiez sauce range because they looked colourful and fun.
The sauces are designed to make vegetables tasty and great for dipping, marinading, roasting, grilling, stir-frying and more!
There are five sauces to choose from: Chilli & Miso, Coconut & Chilli, Tomato & Paprika, Balsamic & Rosemary and Preserved Lemon & Agave which are all gluten free, vegan and contains no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives.
My initial choices would have been Preserved Lemon & Agave but there isn't any actual preserved lemon in the ingredients so I didn't fancy artificial lemon flavouring and agave is quite sweet.
Next I narrowed it down the chilli & miso because the rest you can pretty imagine the taste.
On first application, I decided to use it as a dipping sauce so that I could taste the sauce properly on its own.
It was a bit disappointing with miso as one of the main ingredients because there was no miso or umami taste. 
Basically all you could taste was sharp vinegar and chilli, although it wasn't how I expected it to taste the sauce went well with roast vegetables.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...