Wednesday 22 September 2021

Kallo rice cakes - caramelised onion and chutney cakes

Rice cakes are so popular these days because they are low in calories.
You can get them sweet or savoury.
Most rice cakes have corn which is something I don't like so Kallos rice cakes appealed to me because their veggie Lentil and green pea cakes didn't have sweetcorn.
It was really hard choosing a veggie cake because there were so many to choose from like: Beetroot, Spinach & Pesto, Tomato Salsa, Lime & Coriander and Caramelised Onion.
As for their sweet flavours, I would imagine the apple & cinnamon and the Cocoa, Date & Vanilla being nice.
In the end, I got the Caramelised Onion to see how they fared.
The wrapper itself was a real nemesis because it was really difficult getting the first cake out without breaking but after getting the second one out, the rest came out easily.
Strangely, they tasted exactly like quavers so you can imagine eating a huge quaver veggie cake!
I like quavers therefore these veg cakes are delicious and I plan to try the Tomato Salsa, Lime & Coriander someday.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...