Wednesday 22 September 2021

Baxters Super Good Bone Broth with Mushroom & Barley Soup

Who doesn't love a good hearty bone broth soup which is why I was captivated by Baxters Super Good Bone Broth with Mushroom & Barley Soup.
The ingredients seemed good with wild mushrooms like Shiitake, Oyster, Nameko and Cep.
Personally I am not a fan of barley but I found a way of getting less barley because barley is heavy and sink to the bottom.
I poured my bowl so I only got the veggies and then poured the rest in another bowl in which both bowls are to be reheated in the microwave.
Although, there was only 0.5% beef bone extract according to the ingredients, it was nice and beefy and reminded me of this beef and barley soup I had at the restaurant.
Beef bone attributes to that lovely gelatinous consistency.
The only disappointment were the mushrooms, I couldn't visually see any or taste any but according to the ingredients, the mushrooms only contribute to 2% vs 2.5% for beef.
The other soup: pea, broccoli and basil pesto soup is tempting but I am not keen on pesto although I feel that I should give it a try.




Their previous range in 2017:
Tomato, Orange and Ginger; Chicken Broccoli and Rice; Chicken Noodle; Fiery Fish Bisque; Pea, Broccoli and Basil Pesto, and Root Vegetable and Turmeric flavours.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...