Friday 24 April 2020

[Review] M&S Marks and Spencers chopped Herrings

Spotted the Marks and Spencers chopped Herrings which is basically herrings cured in a sweet marinade combined with chopped hard boiled eggs and chopped apple.
Tried it because the combination of herrings, eggs and apple was interesting.
In the ingredients, there was also guerkins.


I had the chopped herrings on toast.


You could see quite a fair bit of chopped apples in it.
As for the taste, it was quite different to what I had imagined.
You could really taste the apples as well as the gherkins so it was a bit like Tartare sauce with apples in it.
Overall, I am glad I tried it.

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this

    but M&S do not sell everywhere
    I think it’s called Forshmak
    ( maybe Jewish heritage)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thanks for the enlightenment on this.
      it does remind me of the food at the Jewish bagel shop

      Delete
  2. Why can I NOT obtain the PRICE of M&S chopped herrings????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just tried marks and spencers..chopped herring..its the best one ive tried..can't fault it..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...