Friday 22 May 2020

[Review] M&S Marks and Spencers Plant Kitchen Sticky Teriyaki Tofu

I should have got the Marks and Spencers Plant Kitchen Sticky Teriyaki Tofu ages ago because I couldn't believe how delicious this was.
The only thing that put me off was the Teriyaki sauce because Hong Kong has brainwashed me to think Teriyaki and Japanese Katsu curries are sweet.
Marks and Spencers Plant Kitchen Sticky Teriyaki Tofu



The Teriyaki Tofu comes with sticky rice according to the front of the insert but the ingredients say Jasmine rice which is confusing.
When I tried it, the rice was just Jasmine rice.



There was a strong taste of red miso and mirin wine which goes really well with the mushrooms and dried porcini.
The use of these mushrooms taste so much better than shitaake especially the dried porcini which has a meaty texture and a strong nutty flavour.
The tofu itself was soft and delicious complemented nicely by the strong sauce.
I like the way there is chilli in it for that spicy kick while the edamame beans give it some colour and sweetness.
The only thing I didn't like was the lime leaves because I just don't like it as it is similar to lemongrass.

Overall, I am so glad I tried and wouldn't mind getting it again but as you know Marks and Spencers always has new items coming which makes it difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...