Tuesday 19 May 2020

[Review] M&S Marks and Spencers Plant Kitchen Chorizo Puppies

I was excited about these Marks and Spencers Plant Kitchen Chorizo Puppies because Chorizo is very different to sausages.
When I saw them, I was hesitant buying them because they contain red peppers which I am not particularly fond of.
Anyway, as a foodie, I had to try it because there is no other vegan chorizo in the market so far.

M&S Marks and Spencers Plant Kitchen Chorizo Puppies

In the pack, there are eight so I tried two first.
Before they are cooked, the texture is very soft like raw sausages.

After grilling them, the texture is quite firm and it was like eating those pepperami sticks with a strong salty kick and spices.
It definitely tasted like chorizo with that smoky flavouring and paprika so I was really glad I tried it as the red pepper taste was not that noticeable.
I paired it with Marks and Spencers Carrot & Swede potato mash and they went really well together.


As the chorizo was really tasty, the second time I sliced it into slices like pepperoni and put it on grilled cheese toast which also tasted good.
The chorizo has to be grilled first because they are too soft to slice.
I'm am considering getting another pack again to see if it can be a nduji alternative by using the uncooked chorizo filling to cook with pasta or topping some on pizza.
Overall, another delicious item from the Plant kitchen range.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...