Monday 16 August 2021

Polish Forest Moss Cake (Leśny Mech)

On my visit to a Polish grocery shop, I spotted a green looking cake in the fridge.
I believe this cake was on offer for quick sale because if you go to Polish shops on a regular basis you will note that cakes are sold by weight.
Anyway, I have always wanted to try this green looking cake so when I saw the price and size I decided to give it a go.
According to the lady, it was Leśny Mech which she kindly wrote on a piece of paper for me.
After googling it, Leśny Mech came up with forest moss cake which is a cake made to look like forest moss.
The cake is made with spinach hence the colour with layers of berry fruit.
To my surprise it was really good and I loved the cherry pieces in the filling and the smooth chocolate spread.
The texture was quite dense like carrot cake hence agreeable with the English cake palate but not with Asians because their cakes are weirdly soft and strange imo.
Rating: 4/5





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...