Friday 27 August 2021

Shuro Shirin Persian ready meals

I love Persian food especially the rices which are colourful as well as flavourful.
There used to be a restaurant I would go to in London but it has closed down.
When having Persian food, you have to try everything so it has to be shared.
One day I spotted these Persian ready meals in the frozen section which looked expensive and stylish because of the sleeve. The sleeve has a picture of what the food looks like.
I ended up getting the Ash Reshte (Persian noodle soup) and Baghali Polo (saffron rice with dill & broad beans)
The Baghali Polo was impressive as it tasted like the one at the restaurant and it was really heavenly as I love dill spices and beans.






Saffron Rice:

Also had the Persian noodle soup which had so many dimensions, at first it reminded me of minted mushy peas and then it tasted like this Tibetan noodle soup with a rich savoury flavour. 
Unlike Tarka Daal, it is not heavy on the tomato or spices.
It was really comforting and also tasted good with the rice because the soup was really thick.
You will find so much Chickpeas, Pinto Beans, Green Lentils in the soup which can get quite annoying because of the starchy texture so I wouldn't mind more noodles and less beans but protein lovers will love this.


As I was quite satisfied, I went back the next day and got the Persian Lamb Stew, Lamb, Kidney Bean & Herb Stew and Chicken, pomegranate & Walnut stew.
The Persian Lamb stew was so appetizing because there was a whole dried lime in there but it was a bit watery.
It was very nice overall because it contains celery, mint which you would use with lamb.


Shuro Shirin Persian lamb celery stew

I also had the Lamb, kidney bean herb stew which was similar, also containing a lovely dried lime but with the Persian Stew you get celery and kidney beans with the herb stew.



Shuro Shirin lamb kidney bean & herb stew
Then I tried the Chicken, pomegranate & Walnut stew which again was another surprise.
The only downside was that the oils and sauce separated and it looked like Phillipine dinguani.
But after from that, it was so tasty and tangy with lot of fine nutty bits in it which goes deliciously with rice or bread.
The chicken was a bit chewy but I expected that because I feel that their freezing process has failed.


Shuro Shirin chicken pomegranite & walnut stew
The Aubergine Split pea stew was very moreish and appetizing.
Shuro Shirin aubergine split pea stew

The Persian creamy barley soup was good but it was a little too salty.
Shuro Shirin Persian creamy barley soup


The Grilled aubergine & walnut dip tasted a bit funny though because the yoghurt smelled a bit off.
Shuro Shirin grilled aubergine & walnut dip

Lamb & Yellow split pea stew:
Another fantastic lamb stew because of the delicious dried lime!




Shuro Shirin lamb & yellow split pea stew
To summarize, my all time favourite was the Khorak-e Gaardan Braised Lamb neck in homemade stock which I ended up getting more than one because the chunks of lamb are amazing as well as the soup.
When I finished with the lamb, I chucked some noodles in which made a great noodle soup.
Shuro Shirin braised lamb neck Khorak-e Gaardan in homemade stock




After googling Shuro Shirin, it turns out they seemed to have a restaurant before and now they only do frozen meals which are frozen asap after it has been cooked to lock all the flavours and maintain all the goodness.
Overall, I would love to buy this again but I was lucky to get them for cheaper as they were under the clearance section.
Rating: 5/5

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...