Friday 27 August 2021

M&S Taste Japan Japanese Favourites

I haven't really been keen on Japanese food because it tends to be quite sweet.
The only Japanese ready meal I have tried from Marks and Spencers was the chicken katsu which I found the curry sauce too sweet.
Someone ended up buying the Taste of Japan Japanese favourites which serves two.
Included in the box is crispy chicken bites in a sticky teriyaki sauce, katsu chicken curry with red peppers and water chestnuts and firecracker chicken thighs with sugar snap peas, alongside chicken miso yaki noodles and seasoned jasmine and long grain rice.
Portion wise it was embarrassing to share especially the firecracker chicken and noodles because it was ideal for one person only.
The crispy chicken bites were basically the same as the crispy chicken for the katsu but in the form of bites.
I didn't like the katsu chicken curry as I found it too sweet but the firecracker chicken was delicious because it was spicy and moderately sweet.
The noodles had a good chew in this strong salty miso sauce.
Overall, it was ok but the portions were a bit small and I did not like the sweet curry.






8 comments:

  1. Why is this called Japanese? It has nothing to do with Japanese food. Even the rice is basmati with some cardamon flavour? More Chinese than Japanese really!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is this called Japanese? It has nothing to do with Japanese food. Even the rice is basmati with some cardamon flavour? More Chinese than Japanese really!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why is this called Japanese? It has nothing to do with Japanese food. Even the rice is basmati with some cardamon flavour? More Chinese than Japanese really!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. Completely agree. I used to live in Japan and this food is nothing like the food you get there

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do not expect these foods are Japanese! I am being Japanese for nearly 60 years! Never ever had such so called Japanese foods in my life! Shame M&S food!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know nothing about anything, But I loved it, Great flavours and really nice, Definitely going to try it again, Comparison is the thief of joy , And never having tried Japanese food before I have nothing to compare it to

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you tried it as not many people are willing to do so

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...