Wednesday 20 October 2021

Naked noodles and Veg pots now with NEW NOODS

I don't know how long Naked Noodles have been around but it seems that they were launched in 2012 according to the internet by Symingtons.
Rewind a back a few years to 2018, I was working abroad so as usual I get my parents to bring some gourmet food and snacks from the UK.
At that time I discovered Naked noodles when I was browsing the supermarket website so I requested for the Cantonese hoisin duck noodles along with other treats.
I found that the Naked noodle spices were really strong.
Fast forward a few years, the range at Naked has really grown from noodles to pot rice!
As a rice fan, I tried the Char Siu long grain rice, Katsu curry and Sweet chilli which was good and filling.
About a year ago I was honoured to take part in a questionnaire for Naked on their new veg pots so it was good to see how the new veg pots came out (Photos here).
Recently, I was looking for some Pot Noodles which were camouflaged near Naked Noodles hence I took a naughty photo to show how strikingly similar they were.
Naked Noodles found out and were very kind in gifting me lots of noodles to try.
I was gifted Sweet chilli, Teriyaki, Big Eat Thai Style fiery chicken panang and Big Eat Thai Style green curry.
After trying all the flavours, Thai Style fiery chicken and Thai Style green curry are my favourites.
They happen to be Big Eats too which are more satisfying.
You really have to give it some time to soak the flavours and go soft and when they do they taste like takeaway style egg noodles.
The other two flavours Sweet Chilli and Teriyaki are for the sweet palate and the broth/sauce is thicker.
To summarize, the spices use in Naked Noodles are strong.
In terms of the peel off lids, the big eats lids peeled off with difficulty but for the other two, the lids peeled off effortlessly.

Naked Rendang Veg pots:
Also tried the Rendang curry veg pot which I got from the Naked remedy rooms.
These were quite comforting and remind me of soup with more vegetables in ratio to noodles.




It is year 2024 now and Naked have replaced the noodles with NEW NOODS which are flat in shape.
I felt that these new noods were much nicer as they are soft and hang the sauce well.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...