Monday 22 January 2024

Tesco finest Rhubarb and Custard Crumble

At first when I saw this Rhubarb and Custard crumble, I thought it was just the usual Rhubarb crumble but then when I looked closer it was actually rhubarb and custard.
It was a bit expensive for a fiver but in the end I decided to give it a go.
Labelled as smooth Madagascan vanilla custard with rhubarb & stem ginger compote topped with oat crumble.
I was a bit apprehensive about the ginger but rhubarb and ginger is a thing because Waitrose also do a rhubarb ginger crumble while ASDA has a rhubarb ginger drink.
It turns out the custard is not uniformly distributed but on the sides of the crumble.
As for the taste, I felt that the stem ginger compote stole the show sadly and I couldn't quite taste the rhubarb.
The sweet custard could only be tasted when you ate the edges of the crumble.
Overall, it wasn't bad in taste but a little disappointing as you could taste the the rhubarb and custard which is meant to be the star of the show.
@tescofood
#ssgtesco
#rhubarbandcustard










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...