Monday 8 January 2024

Unbelievably beefy Juicy Marbles : plant based beef steak alternative

I love trying plant based food because it is always fun to appreciate and see how it compares with meat and seafood.
Juicy Marbles is another stunning plant based meat which looks literally like a piece of steak so I had to compare to Redefine the 3D printed steak which was a sad disappointment with all that media about it.
To my surprise, Juicy Marbles does not come from US or UK but SLOVENIA!!!!!
The price tag is a hefty £9 for two pieces.
You can also get a whole loin version according to the internet but I feel that the thick cut filets are the best due to its scallop like structure which pulls apart so if you had a loin, you would probably have stringy meat!
Thankfully, they were on promotion at Tescos for £6.75 which had to be tried considering some countries are deprived of imports.
When I took it out, there was a steak smell already.
The instructions are simple, sprinkle some salt and pan fry it.
I felt that it didn't really need the salt as it was already seasoned.
When it was cooked, the meat was a bit like beef cheek/beef belly/pulled beef and it actually tasted like bovril.
It definitely had that meat mouthfeel and reminded me of tinned chunks of beef.
Again, I was just surprised how good it was because I kept eating more rather than throwing it away.
It also reminded me of the faux beef in the M&S no beef ready meals but with more flavour.
To summarize, this is my favourite plant based beef so far and much better than Redefine.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...