Monday 7 February 2022

Iraqi Kubba Trabulsia by Al Najma

Iraqi dumplings.
I love trying different cuisines so this time I tried Iraqi Kubbeh which are croquettes that visually look similar to Chinese dim sum croquettes filled with pork.
Kubbeh is filled with minced beef and spices encased in a cracked wheat pastry. 
The usual spices in Kibbeh are cinnamon, cloves and cumin so nothing wildly new for me.
Strangely, it tasted like haggis minus the offal with a sweetness.
I think its the cracked wheat mouthful which makes it taste like haggis along with spices.
It was definitely a flavourful morsel that isn't spicy.
There are various dips which you can pair it with and strangely I like it with a tart chilli sauce.
As well as cracked wheat, you can also get Kubba Halab which is coated in crispy rice.
The crispy rice texture is just like the rice stuck at the bottom of the pot.
I am still trying to get my hands on the potato chap which is mashed potato on the outside which can be filled with meat/veg.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...