Sunday 18 July 2021

Tesco Wensleydale with Rhubarb

Wensleydale cheese to me is just a sweet cheese.

In the recent years all you see is these sweet pairings like chocolate, blueberries, orange and coming soon the new strawberry prosecco by Illchester I think.

Anyway, Tescos has launched this new pairing with Rhubarb which I was more than keen to try because it is naturally tart and any sweetness is obviously the sweeteners.

Apart from being stingy on the rhubarb I really liked it as it was similar to pineapple.

This was the reason I didn't spot it earlier placed next to the Wensleydale blueberry and apricots because the rhubarb ones literally didn't have much in them and they just looked like regular cheese sitting next to the rest.

I had to rummage to find one with visible chunks of rhubarb in it.

Overall I liked it because rhubarb is better than other things like mango, strawberry, blueberry etc but I still classify this as a sweet cheese so Wensleydale anything is not really my cup of tea but the rhubarb combo is my favourite.

Rating: 4/5






2 comments:

  1. I really like the taste of it,but was surprised to know that it was infused with frutose & sunflower seeds oil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was told that they need to add some sugar because the enzymes of rhubarb won't let it set.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...