Friday 19 February 2021

M&S Full English ,Veggie, high protein smoky bean egg pot breakfast and Halloumi hot breakfast review

While I was at M&S on the 19/02/2021, I spotted the Full English Breakfast and new high protein smoky bean and egg pot breakfast at @marksandspencer

It is interesting how the Full English has a shelf life of two days (to be used by 22/02/2021) with a cooked egg.

I happened to be at M&S on the 22/02/2021 and it was reduced so I got it as I was curious to see if the egg was still fresh on the use by date so I had it for tea that afternoon.

According to the instructions, you remove the lid and replace it loosely and microwave for 2 minutes which I did.

As I wasn't sure if the plastic label was microwable, I removed the label but left the clear window on otherwise it wouldn't be a lid if it was open.

After microwaving it, the contents looked as good as if it was freshly served, the bacon looked moist but the thing I was interested in most was the egg!

To my surprise after two minutes in the microwave, the poached egg white was still tender and the yolk was runny. 

The beans which I was dreading were amazing because they were different to the overly sweet M&S canned beans and tasted like my favourite St Nichols beans.

Basically everything was delicious including the sausage and rasher of bacon so I got my greasy spoon craving satisfied without the greasyness.

As well as the Full English, there is a Veggie breakfast which I also tried however the Full English was better as it was not as sweet.

After the successful launch of the full and veggie breakfast, the halloumi hot was later introduced.

The halloumi heated up nicely in the microwave and the rest was consistently the same eg the beans, mushrooms and spinach.

Last but not least is the NEW high protein smoky bean egg pot breakfast which I had my eye on for a while because I love spicy beans. Since I saw canned refried beans at M&S, it has always made me crave for some spicy beans hence the smoky bean pot.

To be honest, it was really tasty because the smoky beans had a spicy kick as well as smokiness, and the eggs were nicely dressed in sour cream and yoghurt.



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...