Sunday 27 March 2022

CheeseO's from Dairy Concepts in Ireland

Lots of snacks are popped or freeze dried these days from nuts to popcorn and now CHEESE so I had to get my hands on some popped cheese.
There are a few brands of popped cheese at the moment.
Dairy Concepts in Ireland offers two different lines.
The Moorepark range is a more premium offering made using speciality cheeses such as chilli cheddar, black pepper cheddar, etc.
CHEESEO's are for any time snacking.
I liked the cheeseo line because of the colourful look and wide array of flavours.
The flavours are: Cheese & Pickled Onion, Sour Cream & Onion, Cheddar, Salt &Vinegar, Cheese & Onion and Sweet Chilli.


For those who have not tried popped cheese, I would recommend Cheddar to begin so you can get a feel what popped cheese tastes like.
You can think of popped cheese tasting like the burnt cheese you find after baking it in the oven or on top of cheese rolls that have been baked.
I would say they are moreish and crispy without that heavy feeling and somehow they are a bit like freeze dried meringue pieces with a hard crunch.
The best thing is that your fingers don't get greasy.

To summarize, Cheese & Pickled onion was my favourite as it tasted like Monster munch.
Salt and Vinegar is another one I really liked but strangely worked with cheese!!
Overall, I liked all the flavours but it just depends on the mood I 'm in!





CheeseO's can obviously be found in Ireland but you can also get them online at Amazon:
https://www.cheeseos.ie/

Moorepark Mature cheddar:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...