Monday 24 February 2020

[Review] Tea at London Tea Exchange

A while ago I discovered London Tea Exchange when I was at Brick Lane so made a mental note to visit it later.
I love tea especially when there are so many blends to choose from.
Brick Lane is an interesting location for a tea house because the rest are smaller coffee shops and curry houses.

I was drawn by the cakes at the window especially the rainbow one which just stood out from the classy wood and brass setting.




As the place was a bit busy I went back an hour later when it was nice and quiet.











The staff were really friendly and showed me the teas so that I could smell them.
There were green, black, white, yellow and other teas to choose from on the menu.
Darjeeling or Breakfast tea is normally my pick with cakes but the chocolate coconut was a must because I always have this whenever I see it.

Ordered the rainbow cake with the chocolate and coconut tea.


The rainbow cake was moist and delicious finished with my favourite chocolate coconut tea which had three types of Belgian chocolate and coconut flakes.
It is hard to explain but I just have an addictive to the taste of cocoa in tea without the sweetness.

To summarize, I really enjoyed my tea moment so I will probably be back for the Fruity blossom tea which has a lovely aroma of cherries and rhubarb.
The staff have a good knowledge of teas which is good but it would have been nice if the cakes were labelled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...