Sunday 2 October 2022

Asda Spicy crumpet wedges

All I could think of was pizza slices when I saw these.
Anyway, as a crumpet lover, I had to give them a try.
I believe they were previously frozen as they have water droplets inside the bag.
Taking them out the packet, there was a mixed aroma which was quite impressive because I was just expecting plain crumpets with cayenne pepper, but it was much more complex than that.
Looking at the ingredients, I was surprised with what they put in like tomato powder, cumin, coriander, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, red bell peppers, lime oil, cayenne pepper, oregano and coriander leaf.
Tasting it on its own, it was like the usual spiced flatbread, naan but with a crumpet texture.
I paired with some spicy houmous which turned out quite tasty.
I feel that it needs to be paired with something savoury and tangy.
Overall, it was quite nice but the oregano was a bit too strong for my liking as it was too prominent.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...