Monday 13 November 2023

Tesco finest Rich and Sweet Steamed duck buns

Spotted these citrus looking Rich and Sweet Steamed duck buns at Tescos so I thought I'd them a go even though I'm not a fan because they are always too sweet.
I felt that these were worth trying because it is unusual for a duck filling as well as being paired with tangerine be it authentic Chinese or inspired.
The instructions are 1 minute but 30 seconds was already sufficient with my microwave.
To my surprise, they were fantastic and even better executed than some so called hotels/fine restaurants in Asia which failed to deliver when they tried to serve some contemporary buns.
First, the duck filling was visually and texturally like the mince you get in cottage/shepherds pie with some carrots.
The buns were really tasty that I ate four in one go because it was meaty but not too sweet.
The tangerine taste does not come off as syrupy sweet nor is it bitter but it a faint aftertaste but a bit stronger when the buns have cooled down.
Overall, the minced duck meat is moist and it was just delicious as a whole.
#ssgtesco






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...