Wednesday 1 December 2021

Turnib Salgam Suyu vs Kilikya Salgam vs asma Salgam vs Sarehan (Turkish salty turnip drink)

After getting hooked on street style Turkish pickle juice, I found out about şalgam which is a similar drink made with Turnips.
It tastes salty just like Persian lime tea, Indian Jal Jeera and Thai Salty lemon soda.
As well as the Turnib brand, there are so many brands to choose from but I got Turnib to start.
I wasn't impressed with Tunib because you could taste preservative in it.
I also got the Kilikya Salgam which was the brand I picked up first but put it down because the staff said Turnib sells better.
Kilikya is cheaper by almost half and I felt that it tasted much better because it was more natrual.
Strangely, it was hot even though it is not spicy.
As I was impressed with Kilikya, I decided to try the asma brand as well which turned out to be rather acidic with a fizz compared to the other two.


Sarehan turned out really good and definitely in close ties with Kilikya so because of the price I would buy Kilikya!



To summarize in order of preference: Kilikya, Sarehan, asma and then Turnib.
Will be trying other brands when I come accross more.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...