Thursday 2 December 2021

Sainsburys mini Southern fried chicken waffles with spiced maple sauce and sweet waffle style crumbs

For Christmas this year, the party snacks at Sainsburys are quite impressive.
I was captivated by the chicken churros with BBQ sauce, paella bites, bubble and squeak bites and the chicken waffles with maple sauce.
The chicken churros was basically similar to the chicken doughnuts by M&S which also came with BBQ sauce so I got the chicken waffles.
Again, the idea is similar to the M&S chicken doughnuts as it comes with a waffle style crumb so I got the chicken waffles purely for novelty because of the shape.
To be shaped like that, the chicken has to be minced to form a waffle so I was ok with minced chicken however the coating was disappointing.
As a Southern style coating I was expecting some saltiness and the usual spices but it was literally bland so it relied on the maple sauce which was very very sweet and spicy.
Overall, the waffle shape was a fun idea but the coating and sauce were not my cup of tea.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...