Wednesday 2 December 2020

[Review] Lidl Pappardelle Ritiene

While I was Lidl, I spotted two Italian pastas which are made by Scoiattolo from Italy for Lidl.
However when I went to the Scoiattolo website, it does not mention that you can get their pastas at Lidl but it mentions Sainsburys.
The two pastas definitely aroused my interest to buy as they were not made by Lidl.
One was Pappardelle Ritiene and the other tagliolini with truffle.
It was interesting they both had a long shelf life for at least a month despite being fresh egg pastas.

Anyway, as I have tried tagliolini at various pasta bars in London, I got the Pappardelle Ritiene as not many places sell it.
When I opened the packet you could really smell the truffle.
Before I cooked the pappardelle, I decided to have fun with it and plated it as a star which looked quite nice.
The reason I did it before is that the texture is firm and easier to maneuver

As instructed I simmered the pappardelle ritiene until it was soft and tried it on its own.
The taste of the truffle was really strong so there had to be careful consideration on the sauce that would go with it.
So in the end I just cooked some onions in olive oil and put it in the middle because less is more.
Overall, the pappardelle ritiene is nice but I would prefer it if they did not include the truffle because it was a bit too overwhelming because it was like truffle essence so that is why I give it 4 stars.
I have had freshly shaved truffle before and it was not as strong as the truffle in the pappardelle ritene.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...