Friday 11 December 2020

[Review] IKEA SJÖRAPPORT Red and Black Seaweed pearls

Since I am reviewing faux caviar (Lumpfish roe) I decided to try IKEA's version which is vegan.
There is red and black and both taste different.
When I try things, I always try them on their own to see how it tastes.
Both have been infused with dill, a popular herb in Europe.
The red one had a strong dill taste while the black one was saltier.
It has an acquired taste like marmite with an umami kick to it so its not for everyone and very different to fish caviar.
As for the texture they were like eating these seaweed pearls served in Chinese desserts,
I was expecting myself to like the black more but the red one was more flavourful.
The only gripe was the price.
Its supposed to be £1.50 according to their website but it was £1.65 in store.
After visiting the plant expo, I discovered that these seaweed pearls are made by caviart in Denmark.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...