Monday 25 September 2023

Hungarian Csiga Teszta / CsigaTeszta noodles

Spotted some interesting pasta so I had to get them.
I was captivated by them because they look like butter curls from a knife and not quite like bird feet as illustrated.
After doing some googling, I discovered that they were Hungarian Csiga Teszta noodles which are tiny egg noodles that are rolled into snail-shaped spirals with a special stick and scored on a grooved slab called a csiga board.
Initially I thought they would be great in a clear chicken soup and it turns out this is exactly how the Hungarians cook it.
In the end, I cooked it in clear chicken broth with lots and lots of parsley and they turned out comforting as expected.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...