Monday 17 April 2023

Yo! crispy prawn bao kit

Spotted these Yo!Sushi crispy prawn bao kits at Iceland so I thought I'd give them a try because I do like prawns.
When I opened the box there were two bags, one bag for the prawn bites and one bag for the baos. 
I was distracted looking at the prawn bites because there were two colours meaning it came from two frying batches to notice that there were only 5 in there.
It looks that they cocked up during the packing process of the prawn bites, also the size of them were not uniform so I reckon the machine went by weight and not quantity.
Thinking back, I should have weighed the whole box to see if it came to 380g.
The prawn bites came out quite oily so I had to blot the oil away and the baos were microwaved accordingly.
All was well I thought apart from one missing prawn bite.
The prawn bites was seriously good as it had a lovely crispy coating while squidy inside but the bao let it down because it was too chewy and tough so I will reduce the microwave time to about 50 seconds because 90 seconds is quite long.
To summarize, if the baos were not chewy, they should taste quite good.
It came with sweet chilli sauce which I did not use because I do not like sweet chilli hence replaced with a lemon and herb spicy sauce.
#ssgyosushi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...