Thursday 5 March 2020

[Review] Naked Rice Chinese Char Siu Long Grain Rice

Naked Noodles have been around for a few years.

Spotted the Naked Pot Rice series and there were so many interesting flavours: Katsu, Bibimbap, Sriracha, Malaysian curry, Szechuan Sweet & Spicy Rice and the Chinese Char Siu.
At Morrisons, they were promoting them for 75p which are usually 1.25 which prompted me to try the Naked Rice Chinese Char Siu Long Grain Rice.
I liked the way, there are three fill lines.
Recommended, Intense flavours for the not so adventurous.
To be honest, if you put too much water, it is going to be soupy but as I like my rice like risotto, I filled the water to the line just below the recommended to get intense flavours.
Before I added water, I rattled the cup and the grains of rice were light like puffs which means it doesn't need much water to soften.
It was really similar to this Korean Pot Rice that I tried earlier but forgotten the name.

When the rice was ready to eat, the smell and taste was just like char siu sauce so it definitely redeemed itself so I will try the other flavours.
I loved the way you could taste the finely chopped spring onions and the Chinese spices along with the slightly charred char siu aroma!
From the ingredients, it is definitely vegetarian so vegetarians can give it a try.

Ingredients:
Dried Rice, Maltodextrin, Potato Starch, Palm Oil, Flavourings (contain SOYA), Sugar, Soy Sauce Powder [Soy Sauce (Water, SOYA Beans, WHEAT, Salt), Maltodextrin, Salt], Dried Spring Onion, Tomato Powder, Dried Red Pepper, Colour (Plain Caramel), Garlic Powder, Ground Ginger, Chinese Five Spice (Salt, Star Anise, Sugar, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Black Pepper, Cinnamon, Clove, Fennel Seed, Ginger), BARLEY Malt Vinegar Extract Powder.

I also tried the Katsu curry and Szechuan Sweet & Spicy Rice.
The Katsu curry was really tasty while the Szechuan was sweet and spicy as advertised with hints of tomato and peppers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...