Wednesday 20 June 2012

MyungDong Instant Rice Cake Soup

The rice cakes I have tried before were the Shanghainese types and it seems that the Koreans have a similar thing.

Rice cakes usually come vacumn packed or in brine.

As these are instant ones I was curious how they would be packed, it turns out they are also vacumned packed inside.
I never tried them before because Korean food is usually spicy and this one is not hence I got them to try.
The broth tasted nice but I didnt really like the ricecakes and they were too chewy and I had already put them in boiling soup for at least five minutes.
There was a slight sour taste taste to the ricecakes.
The broth was nice and colourful, it had pieces of dehydrated eggs and seaweed.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...