Sunday 21 August 2022

Quaker heavenly oats - chocolate orange & caramel fudge

I love flavoured oats because this is the only way to make me eat oats.
Strangely when I posted these new heavenly oats I got many disgusted comments.
For the new Quaker's heavenly oats series there is chocolate & orange and caramel fudge so I bought both.

As well as sweet oats I have also tried the Asian savoury Quakers oats which is similar to savoury porridge.
It was really hard deciding which flavour to try first so I decided to save best to last and try orange which I am not so fond of.
There are dark chocolate chips in the pot which melt when you add hot water.
The taste of this porridge was really good and totally made my day as it was so indulgent without being too sweet yet the orange was well balanced.
The orange flavouring was light and natrual so it was in harmony.



The next day I tried the fudge which was also sweet and heavenly but in a different way.
It was more of a caramel sweetness with chewy bits of sugary fudge.
There was a buttery hint and taste to the oats.
For both flavours, the oats had this lovely thick, sticky chew to it.
Overall, I loved these sweet oat treats although you could add sweet things yourself.
I was inspired to add something to the fudge and so added some caramilk which really took it to the next level so I think I will buy more oats in the future and add some fancy things into it.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...