Friday 12 August 2022

Chicken ovaries 雞卵巢

Chickens ovaries are a Thai delicacy which I have always wanted to try.
This Thai restaurant serves them but they were always sold out when I went.
Recently found out that you could buy then so I bought a box for £6.65 and there were so many in the box.
The first time I tried them, I wanted to know what they tasted like so I just boiled them with some instant noodles.
I was told that they cook easily so 2-3 minutes in boiling water should do.
When I tried them, they actually tasted like egg yolks but not as flavourful and the texture was the same depending how well you cook it.
The texture was like biting into a sausage casing or a chicken testee where it pops when you break the skin.
The smaller balls pop like boba.
Overall, I really liked eating them but you can't really eat too many because they can be quite heavy and high on cholestrol.
The name chicken ovaries is quite misleading because they are really eggs that have not developed.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...