Sunday 24 July 2022

Herdez taco kit

Herdez, a popular Mexico salsa brand debuts in the London.
A few weeks ago they were dishing out free tacos at Southbank but sadly I didn't make it.
On my recent shopping trip to TESCO, I spotted their salsas and taco kits so without hesitation I got the TACO KIT which has everything from the SALSA, seasoning to wraps.
I ending up getting two TACO KITS so I could try both salsas and different seasonings.

There are three kits: 
Barbacoa (smoky chipotle, black pepper and allspice)
Mexican City (Bold cumin, garlic and cayenne pepper)
Yucatan (zingy citrus, garlic & coriander)
I got the Barbacoa and Yucatan as Cayenne pepper can be a bit spicy.
So in the two kits, I got to try the Salsa Verde and Salsa Casera as well as the Yucatan and Barbacoa seasonings.




Adding chicken and onion filling to the wraps were tasty, however I felt that the tacos should be labelled soft shell tacos as they are very different to the crisp tacos made of corn.
The salsa sauces were impressive, both tasted extremely natrual like they were freshly made without any artificial flavours.
I liked the way, they were not salty so it does not add anymore saltiness to the tacos when you have already used the seasoning.
Salsa Casera had a decent amount of chunky chopped tomatoes and onions.
Although I liked the Salsa Casera, the Verde turned out to be the star because of the tomatillos which are so moreish and refreshing.
The only complaint is that the consistency of the sauces are watery that you pour too much by accident because of the wide bottle neck.
The sauces might be better off in a jar.
Overall, I love the salsa and they are great in Mexing up any dish!

Herdez at Tesco:





 





1 comment:

  1. https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/311668431

    The reviews on the tesco website certainly back this up they seem very popular

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...