Monday 11 April 2022

Sorbos Edible straws

As I was early somewhere, I popped into the Londis by the petrol station with no expectations and I was so surprised to find some really cool discoveries there.
First there was a fwip machine and there was a some slush drink.
What got my attention were these edible straws which come in quite a few flavours, they are free if you buy the slush drink or you can buy them for 30p.
These days you can get so many edible things like edible coffee cups and edible chopsticks etc.
Anyway, I had to try it myself.
The interesting thing is that they have no expiry date for something edible but after googling it they have a shelf life of 2 years.
A few years ago, Bacardi were giving away these straws when you buy the drink but as I don't drink alcohol I didn't get it.
Anyway, the strawberry and chocolate were quite different.
You could really taste and smell strawberry in the drink hence it didn't work well as a straw unless you paired it with strawberry milkshake.
Chocolate on the otherhand was amazing and did not add any flavour to the water.
Overall chocolate was my favourite.
When the straws are wet, the surface goes slimey which makes sense because it contains gelatin and that slimey hydrogel surface acts as a barrier to help it serve its purpose as a straw until you have finished your drink!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...